Tuesday, January 9

Welcome back to whiny-land

I kissed ammi g’bye twice
And hugged daddy as tight I could possibly do
Ah, why does this feel like the end?

I blinked my eyes to capture the moment for a bit
but all I found was myself among a thousand unknown faces;
Covering and crowding both my parents

Their crude coarse voices kept asking me questions
Asked me where I had come from
Asked me where I was going

But I was as silent as a rock
Like a stone sitting in the middle of all this sand
--looking for my way up to the ground

but the tiny piercing grains of sand
wanting to go through me
kept gulping me in

And now as I walked down the escalator; this hill-top
the grains were growing
For for a flight any more I wasn't waiting

Nothing was about to take off from this land…this world…
I had claimed all my luggage
And it was time…it was time, I had reached…

So they had brought me somewhere…
Somewhere in the middle of similar unknown faces
To a place they called a "destination"
Yes, I guess now I know why this feels like the end.

No comments: